A great party drink, or a relaxing libation to while away a lazy Sunday afternoon with friends.
- 1 bottle (750 ml) red wine
- 2 cups (480 ml) pineapple juice
- 2 cups (480 ml) raspberry juice, strawberry juice or fruit punch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) rum
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon or lime, thinly sliced
- Sugar to taste
Directions: Pour wine, juices and rum into large pitcher. Stir. Slice up orange and lemon/lime. Drop into pitcher and stir. Taste and add sugar if desired. Place in refrigerator to chill for an hour. Add ice cubes to pitcher before serving.
The red wine version of the classic French Kir.
- ¼ ounce (8 ml) Crème de Cassis
- 3 ounces (90 ml) of red wine – chilled
Directions: Pour Crème de Cassis in wine glass and then top with chilled red wine. Best to use lighter more fruit forward red wine, such as Gamay, Pinot Noir, Tempranillo, etc
New and Creative Red Wine Cocktails
Mendoza Margarita – a fun fruity cocktail with Malbec red wine
Sinful Hot Cocoa – chocolate, red wine and whip cream!
Funky Fresh Fleur du Lis – red wine with a New Orleans twist
Cabernac Margarita – with red wine and lime